following basic information enables you to connect with SequeLink
6.0 Client for
DataDirect SequeLink 6.0 Client for
1. Select Start / Programs, and select DataDirect
SequeLink 6.0 Client for
2. Select File / New / Data Source from the menu bar. The New Data Source window appears.
3. Type a name for the data source and select DataDirect SequeLink for ADO 6.0 Provider in the OLE DB Providers drop-down list; then, click Set Up Data Source to display the DataDirect SequeLink for ADO 6.0 Provider Setup dialog box.
4. On the General tab, provide the following information; then, click Apply.
· SequeLink Server Host: Type the TCP/IP host name of the SequeLink service to which the ADO Client will connect.
· SequeLink Server Port. Type the TCP/IP port the SequeLink service is listening on for connection requests. The port you specify must be the same port that was specified for the SequeLink service when the SequeLink Server was installed; the default is 19996.
· SequeLink Server Data Source: Type the name of a server data source configured for the SequeLink service to use for the connection, or click the ... button to select an existing server data source. This field is optional. If a server data source is not specified, the default server data source for that SequeLink service is used.
1. At the bottom of the Provider Setup dialog box, click Test Connect to test the connection. If the data provider can connect, it releases the connection and displays a connection established message. If the data provider cannot connect because of an improper environment or incorrect connection value, it will display an appropriate error message.
2. Click OK or Cancel at the
bottom of the Provider Setup dialog box. If you click OK, the values you have specified become the defaults when you
connect to the
From your application, you
can connect to the
"Provider=DataDirect SequeLink for ADO 6.0 Provider;Data Source=ADO_data_source_name[;attribute=value[;attribute=value ]...]"
For example: "Provider=DataDirect SequeLink for ADO 6.0 Provider;Data Source=mySLDSN;UID=myUID;PWD=myPWD"
(C) 2007. DataDirect Technologies Corp. All rights reserved.