JDBC Oracle Driver Download
Get the Right JDBC Driver Oracle Download
To get the most out of distributed Java applications that access an Oracle back end, it’s important to choose the right JDBC Oracle download. Your choice of a JDBC Oracle driver will have repercussions for application developers, administrators, and users. To ensure that your JDBC Oracle download well serves these stakeholders, carefully consider these criteria when choosing a driver:
- Performance. JDBC drivers differ substantially in key performance metrics like response time, throughput, and resource utilization. For your distributed applications to achieve their performance potential, you need a high-performance driver.
- Reliability. Database middleware plays a central role in today’s distributed enterprise applications. Are you getting a JDBC Oracle download that you can trust at the center of your organization’s mission-critical applications?
- Advanced functionality. Another dimension that separates JDBC Oracle drivers is their degree of built-in functionality. What kind of advanced features does the driver make available to designers and developers?
- Security. Will your JDBC Oracle download contribute to or detract from your application security architecture?
- Manageability. Once you download the driver for JDBC, how simple or cumbersome will it be to deploy and manage?
Progress DataDirect Delivers a Superior JDBC Oracle Driver Download
For a JDBC Oracle download that delivers superior benefits to Java application developers, administrators, and users, look to the world leader in data connectivity—Progress® DataDirect:
- Leveraging the industry’s first JDBC Type 5 design, Progress DataDirect Connect® drivers for JDBC dramatically outperform competing drivers, processing 20 to 500 percent more work in a given time period while using fewer CPU cycles and less memory.
- Backed by our 20 years in the data connectivity business and subjected to the industry’s most rigorous testing suites, Connect drivers for JDBC deliver the rock-solid reliability that you need in your mission-critical application architectures.
- With the Connect for JDBC Oracle driver, application designers and developers can leverage advanced embedded functionality such as load balancing, application failover, bulk loading, and support for BLOBs and CLOBs—all without requiring any changes to application code.
- DataDirect Connect drivers offer unmatched security features including TLS/SSL data encryption and Kerberos authentication support.
- With Connect for JDBC Oracle, only a single driver JAR file is required even if your architecture includes multiple JVM versions or Oracle versions.
The Progress DataDirect Connect suite features drivers for every major connectivity API (JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET), platform (JDBC Windows, ODBC Linux, and so on), and database (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, and more). From our driver download page you can do a JDBC Oracle download, an ODBC Microsoft SQL Server download, or downloads for other connectivity scenarios.
Progress also offers mainframe computing solutions such as a mainframe RPM system that seamlessly integrates business process management with leading-edge event correlation technology.
Learn more about Progress DataDirect JDBC drivers, or download a driver today and start your free trial.