Progress JDBC Oracle Type 5: A New Breed of JDBC Oracle Driver
It used to be that when choosing a JDBC Oracle driver to link your Java applications to an Oracle back end, a Type 4 JDBC driver was your best option despite the many known limitations of Type 4 technology. All that has changed thanks to Progress® DataDirect’s introduction of the world’s first Type 5 JDBC Oracle driver. A featured member of our industry-leading Connect® suite of database drivers, our Type 5 driver for JDBC Oracle environments delivers the same client-side, single-tier, 100 percent Java architecture of a Type 4 JDBC driver—but with far superior performance, scalability, and manageability.
Benefits of the Type 5 JDBC Oracle Driver
DataDirect Connect Type 5 JDBC Oracle middleware delivers substantial benefits to Java application developers, administrators, and users:
- Faster performance. Our Type 5 JDBC access driver consistently outperforms Type 4 drivers in response time and throughput. Whereas Type 4 drivers exhibit substantial performance degradation within certain JVMs or within ORM or application server frameworks, Connect Type 5 JDBC drivers deliver superior performance regardless of the runtime environment, data access model, or number of application users.
- Smaller footprint. Applications that switch from Type 4 to our Type 5 JDBC middleware see a substantial reduction in their runtime CPU and memory footprint.
- Instant application enhancement. Progress DataDirect Type 5 JDBC Oracle drivers enable existing applications to immediately utilize built-in functionality such as application failover, load balancing, bulk loading, and statement pooling, without any change to application code.
- Simpler deployment. With Type 5 JDBC middleware from Progress DataDirect, only a single JAR file is required to support multiple JVMs or multiple versions of a particular database.
- Simpler QA. Because JDBC Oracle Type 5 enables your applications to leverage state-of-the-art driver and database functionality without the need for data source specific code, your application testing process is simplified and shortened.
Comprehensive Data Connectivity Solutions
Progress DataDirect is your one-stop provider for all your JDBC, ODBC, and ADO.NET connectivity needs. For Oracle environments, we offer ADO.NET Oracle and ODBC Oracle solutions, as well as our Type 5 JDBC Oracle middleware. From our Web site you can download our leading-edge JDBC Oracle Type 5 driver or do an ODBC Oracle download, a Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver download, and many others.
For mainframe environments, Progress provides a range of best-of-breed enterprise solutions including a mainframe RPM system that seamlessly integrates business process management, transaction management, and complex-event processing in a unified platform.
Learn more about Progress DataDirect JDBC drivers, or download a driver today to start your free trial.