Comprehensive ODBC Connection Coverage from Progress DataDirect
Today's enterprise data environments are more heterogeneous than ever, with IT departments needing to ensure that applications and service users have fast and reliable access to disparate on-site and cloud-based data sources. Progress DataDirect, the data connectivity specialists, helps make data storage heterogeneity manageable by providing the most comprehensive ODBC connection support on the market.
ODBC Connection Support for Any Data Storage Environment
The Progress DataDirect Connect® line of ODBC drivers delivers high-performance connectivity across all the ODBC data scenarios that today's enterprise IT departments typically encounter:
- ODBC connection support for every major relational database, from our market-leading Oracle ODBC driver to Microsoft ODBC drivers and drivers for Sybase, Informix, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and more.
- ODBC connection to the Cloud, with our new drivers optimized for data exchange with Salesforce.com, Force.com, and Database.com.
- Support for all major platforms including Windows, Unix, and Linux; and for 32-bit and 64-bit environments.
- ODBC connection support for any architecture including batch, online, SOA, event-driven, and so on.
- Equally broad support for JDBC connection scenarios.
The Benefits of Broad ODBC Connection Coverage from a Single Vendor
By getting comprehensive ODBC connection support from a single vendor – rather than using a hodge-podge of drivers provided by different DB vendors – you simplify the tasks of application development, system deployment, and system maintenance in an environment of heterogeneous data sources. For developers, DataDirect Connect ODBC drivers provide an entirely consistent ODBC interface across disparate databases, with features including standardized ODBC error handling and consistent meta-data support.
With comprehensive ODBC connection coverage from DataDirect, system administrators benefit from a common set of configurable in-driver operational features such as encryption, connection pooling, and automatic failover. Administrators also benefit from DataDirect Connect drivers' ability to support multiple version of the same database – for example, a single installed Connect ODBC SQL Server driver supports multiple SQL Server versions.
With DataDirect meeting all of your ODBC connection needs, you'll also benefit from consistently outstanding technical support, from a technology leader that for more than 20 years has specialized in data connectivity products and services.