ODBC Drivers Microsoft
How to Choose ODBC Drivers for Microsoft
The ODBC drivers that you use with your distributed Microsoft applications can have a substantial impact on overall application effectiveness. To find the best ODBC drivers for Microsoft environments, pay close attention to these factors:
- Performance. Underperforming ODBC drivers in Microsoft production systems can become a bottleneck that significantly reduces overall application performance. Check into benchmarking results for driver throughput capacity and other key performance metrics.
- Reliability. ODBC drivers between Microsoft DBs and front-end applications provide a critical service that you need to be able to count on, day after day and year after year. Look for a proven track record of reliability under production conditions.
- Security. With the right ODBC drivers, Microsoft distributed applications can be made more secure.
- Administration. Look for a Microsoft ODBC driver that’s easy to install and maintain.
- Total cost of ownership. As with any software purchase in today’s tight economy, you’ll want ODBC drivers that have a low total cost of ownership.
Progress DataDirect Makes the Best ODBC Drivers for Microsoft
As the world’s leading developer of data connectivity and integration solutions, Progress® DataDirect delivers a superior line of database drivers for Microsoft and other development environments. In addition to the ODBC SQL Server download available from this web site, we offer a complete set of ADO.NET connectivity products, as well as a JDBC SQL Server driver that’s optimized for a JDBC SQL server environment. Our DataDirect Connect® line of database drivers is the most comprehensive in the industry, supporting all connectivity APIs, all major operating systems, and all major databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL, Informix, and more.
DataDirect ODBC drivers for Microsoft, like all of our database drivers, offer unmatched benefits for your mission-critical distributed applications:
- Benchmarking studies have demonstrated that DataDirect drivers consistently outperform the competition on key metrics such as throughput, CPU efficiency, and memory.
- Unlike our competitors, Progress DataDirect builds premier security features such as Kerberos authentication and TSL/SSL data encryption directly into our drivers.
- Progress DataDirect products set the standard for reliability, making us the data connectivity and integration provider of 96 of the Fortune 100. The testing to which we subject our drivers is the most comprehensive and demanding in the industry.
- Our unique wire protocol design eliminates the need for database client libraries, thereby simplifying the installation and maintenance of our ODBC drivers for Microsoft.
- By building more functionality into our ODBC drivers, DataDirect speeds your application development process and lessens your need for supporting products, thus reducing the overall costs of your distributed Microsoft applications.
In addition to our industry-best database drivers, Progress can provide you a complete set of mainframe data solutions including mainframe enterprise integration, a platform for mainframe responsive process management, and solutions that help you exploit zIIP processing technology.
Learn more about Progress DataDirect Connect ODBC drivers, or download a driver today and start your free trial period.