ODBC SQL Server Download
Finding the Right ODBC SQL Server Download
Given the critical role that database drivers play in today’s distributed application architectures, businesses seeking an ODBC SQL Server download should choose carefully. Before selecting your ODBC SQL Server download, consider how the driver measures up against these core criteria:
- Reliability. Is this a driver that you can trust in a pivotal place within your application architecture? Consider the provider’s track record and its current customer base. Is the provider worthy of your confidence?
- Performance. With your ODBC SQL Server download, what kind of driver performance can you expect? A slow driver or a memory hog can harm your overall application performance.
- Security. Will the ODBC SQL Server driver that you download help you protect your vital data? Or will the driver throw a wrench into your security design?
- Ease of administration. After your ODBC SQL Server download, how much time and effort will you have to put into installing, configuring, and maintaining your database middleware?
Progress DataDirect Offers the Best ODBC SQL Server Download
Progress® DataDirect is the leading provider of database drivers and other data connectivity and interoperability solutions. With our DataDirect Connect® drivers, we deliver solutions for every data connectivity scenario, ranging from a driver for ODBC SQL Server, to ADO.NET data providers, to solutions for JDBC Oracle environments, including a cutting edge Type 5 JDBC driver that overcomes the limitations of the conventional Type 4 JDBC driver. We offer 15 day free trials with an ODBC SQL Server download, a JDBC SQL Server download, and more.
DataDirect Connect is the best ODBC SQL Server download that you’ll find anywhere:
- Progress DataDirect has been a pioneer and leader in data connectivity technology for 20 years. Major companies worldwide use our products in mission-critical environments, including 96 of the Fortune 100. With Progress DataDirect, you’re getting technology that you can count on.
- As proven by benchmarking tests, DataDirect Connect database drivers dramatically outperform the competition on key measures such as throughput capacity, CPU efficiency, and memory utilization.
- DataDirect Connect drivers offer more built-in security features than competing drivers, including Kerberos authentication support and TLS/SSL encryption. For JDBC, our new Type 5 drivers are implemented in a more secure manner than the conventional JDBC driver 4.
- DataDirect Connect drivers are engineered to communicate with the back-end database directly “over the wire”, thus eliminating the need for database client libraries and simplifying set up and administration.
Complementing our industry-best connectivity products, Progress offers interoperability solutions including a high-performance EDIFACT converter as well as a comprehensive suite of mainframe enterprise integration solutions.
Learn more about Progress DataDirect Connect ODBC drivers.
Learn how you can get a free 15 day trial with your ODBC SQL Server download.