Progress DataDirect Connect ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET database drivers include an advanced Bulk Load feature for inserting very large numbers of records into a database as quickly as possible. Progress DataDirect drivers:
- Deliver the most reliable bulk load execution and best performance
- Require no application code changes or database vendor tools
- Employ standards-based APIs across multiple databases and platforms
Progress DataDirect Bulk Load delivers the fastest performance for inserting mass amounts of data into a database. Progress DataDirect has conducted a range of performance trials including comparing our own drivers against themselves when Bulk Load is enabled vs. disabled. Also, we compared performing a bulk load from an external file into a database against the same operation with a competitor’s bulk load tool.
- Enabling Bulk Load in the Progress DataDirect Oracle ODBC Wire Protocol driver results in the driver inserting over 105% more rows – twice as many – over a given time period. And despite tuning the competitor's tool for maximum performance, DataDirect Bulk Load enables the DataDirect ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver to insert over 20% more rows than the competitor's tool.
- With Bulk Load enabled, DataDirect's Type 5 JDBC driver delivers much more throughput, resulting in over 105% more rows – twice as many – over a given time period. And the time required to execute a batch cycle inserting 10 million rows can be cut by more than half – going from 6.3 hours to less than 3 hours.