DataBase Driver Security
Only Progress DataDirect Connect database drivers for ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET include industry standard security features such as TLS / SSL data encryption and Kerberos authentication. Using DataDirect Connect products for database access is one of the best proactive security measures you can take to reduce security related losses (as verified by The Internet Security Advisors Group in their independent review of DataDirect products.) With DataDirect you can:
- Reduce risk
- Design highly secure applications
- Reduce the cost of maintaining a secure architecture
Unlike other alternatives, DataDirect Connect includes comprehensive security mechanisms as standard features, making it easy to provide robust application security. These security features ensure secure data exchange, address potential security vulnerabilities inherent in database access and networks, and in many cases could have prevented well-known highly publicized security breaches.
Design Highly Secure Applications without Compromising Usability
DataDirect Connect helps you reduce risk and secure your company's information assets by enforcing authorization control and by protecting data that is transmitted across the network.
- OS Authentication - DataDirect Connect includes de facto industry standard OS authentication via the Kerberos and NTLM protocols, which integrate seamlessly into a Single Sign-On environment. This eliminates the need for multiple logins, user IDs, and system IDs and the need users to log in separately for each application.
- Network Data Encryption – With DataDirect Connect, data exchanged between the application and the database is encrypted automatically using the TLS / SSL encryption standard or native database encryption. This significantly reduces the risks associated with the most common data thefts.
- Secure Architecture– The design of DataDirect middleware reinforces application security because it eliminates the need for database client libraries, which effectively eliminates a point of vulnerability.
Reduce the Cost of Maintaining a Secure Architecture
Choosing DataDirect Connect when designing your distributed applications simplifies development because data encryption and authentication is automatically included. This built-in security functionality eliminates the need to purchase additional products and makes it easy and cost effective to develop secure applications. In addition, DataDirect's consistent, standard-based implementation ensures compatibility with existing IT architectures, while minimizing development complexity.