Salesforce.com JDBC Driver
Reliable Type 5 JDBC Access to Your Salesforce.com Data
Salesforce JDBC Driver
Click to enlarge
The Progress DataDirect Salesforce JDBC driver enables access to business-critical cloud data via SQL and JDBC to Salesforce.com. The Connect XE for JDBC Driver combines read/write access to Salesforce objects, custom objects, and reports with realtime data caching and Type 5 JDBC driver features.
- Simple JDBC / SQL access to Salesforce.com data with full read/write access
- Superior performance and scalability
- Type 5 JDBC functionality and benefits such as unrestricted performance and resource efficiency
Exposes the full breadth of Salesforce data to a wide variety of commercial and custom-built Java applications
Full read / write access and support for the JDBC API and SQL-92 standard is available to Salesforce standard objects, custom objects, and reporting infrastructure.
Optimizes access to Salesforce data for fast performance and unparalleled scalability
A full SQL engine, combined with the driver’s unique realtime data caching features, significantly minimizes web service calls.
Leverages Type 5 JDBC functionality to deliver advanced feature support
With Bulk Insert, Update, and Delete support along with Connection Failover and more, the driver can be easily integrated into the most demanding data access use cases.
Enables streamlined modification of Salesforce data
|Our driver is written to the Salesforce API, and it is widely used for modifying data, including bulk loading.|
HIGH-PERFORMANCE JDBC DRIVERS
Progress ® DataDirect Connect ® and Connect XE ® for JDBC ™ is the world’s only suite of Type 5 JDBC drivers for all major databases. Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC is the SPECjAppServer/ECPerf performance and scalability leader, and supports advanced functionality such as application failover, load balancing, bulk load, SSL data encryption, and OS (operating system) Authentication. Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC consistently supports the latest database features and is fully compliant with Java SE 6.0 and JDBC 5.0. Using Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC , developers can easily build database-independent applications; a common architecture across all major databases makes it easy to switch databases or upgrade to new versions of an existing database.
ONLY COMPREHENSIVE SET OF JDBC DRIVERS FOR ALL MAJOR DATABASES
Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC offers the same high performance and rich functionality no matter what database you need to access — Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Salesforce.com, Sybase, MySQL, Informix , Windos Azure SQL Database, database.com, force.com, and Progress ® OpenEdge ® 11 M T.
- Robust, configurable, high-availability functionality to Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Salesforce.com, Sybase, and MySQL including transaction failover, load balancing, and more.
- One driver for each database regardless of database version or JDK version.
- Ability to enable functionality or tune for performance without the need to access and change application code.
- 100% Java DataDirect Bulk Load across all supported databases for dramatically improved JDBC Batch operations or simplifying bulk data movement.
- Full functionality is available across all supported JDK versions regardless of what platform they are running on.
- Full support for use and deployment with any app server or object- relational mapping (ORM) technology including IBM Websphere, JPA, Oracle Weblogic, JBoss, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, or Spring.
- A common architecture enables database-independent application development, reducing development effort and allowing developers to complete projects far more quickly.
UNPARALLELED PERFORMANCE AND SCALABILITY
Progress DataDirect JDBC drivers have been benchmarked against other drivers for a variety of database operations. In our test methodology, we compare the capacity and efficiency of the providers by isolating and testing these key variables: throughput, CPU efficiency, and memory usage.
- Superior throughput—DataDirect throughput is unmatched, on average processing 20-500% more work over competing JDBC drivers in a given time period. In one test that simulates a monthly report in which many records are fetched, the DataDirect driver delivers up to 1450% more throughput, and in most tests, Progress DataDirect driver throughput stays high and even increases as more users are added.
- Greater CPU efficiency—DataDirect drivers use considerably fewer CPU cycles to deliver superior throughput than competing drivers—in many cases, up to 150% more CPU efficient.
- Smaller memory footprint—DataDirect drivers use significantly less memory while doing more work than competing drivers—in some cases using almost one fifth (20%) of the memory of other drivers.
With a faster, more resource-efficient driver, you need less hardware to support your applications. This is particularly meaningful when your application is sharing resources with other applications deployed on a single server or running in a resource-limited environment typical of virtualization.
To learn more or download a free, 15 day trial of Progress ® DataDirect Connect ® for JDBC ™ , go to www.progress.com/datadirect