SQL Server JDBC Driver
The Most Reliable, Best Performing SQL Server JDBC Driver
DataDirect Type 5 Architecture
Click to enlarge
The Progress DataDirect Type 5 JDBC SQL Server driver delivers the best performance and scalability for Java applications connecting to Microsoft SQL Server. DataDirect Connect for JDBC provides the benefits of Type 5 features across all versions of SQL Server - including Type 5 JDBC support for Microsoft Windows Azure SQL Database.
DataDirect's SQL Server JDBC driver is the performance and scalability leader in SPECjAppServer/ECPerf benchmarks. In addition, a single SQL Server JDBC driver supports simultaneous connections to all versions of SQL Server. DataDirect Connect for JDBC solves the limitations of Type 4 JDBC drivers such as slow or inconsistent performance and inefficient use of resources.
|Improves the performance and scalability of your Java applications||
|Provides comprehensive database/platform coverage from one vendor||
|Makes it easy and cost effective to support multiple databases and database versions||
|Delivers simple, easy-to-use high availability for any application||
|Enables single sign-on and end-to-end data encryption||
|Guarantees reliability for demanding production environments||
DataDirect’ SQL Server JDBC driver is quality tested and certified with:
|Ensures 100% specification compliance and robust functionality||
|Reduces total cost of ownership through superior technical support||
- SPECjAppServer/ECPerf performance benchmark leader
- Multiple connection tuning options and easy driver tuning
- Bulk load operations
- Pooling and managing connections
- Statement pooling
- Freeze/Unfreeze pooled statements
- Data conversion
- Socket management
- Network wire management
- Batching and throughput optimization
- OS authentication (aka Single Sign-On) via Kerberos
- SSL data encryption
Enterprise Application Functionality
- Application failover and load balancing
- Interoperability between databases and different versions of each database
- SQL up-leveling
Specification Compliance / Support
- Java SE 6.0
- JDBC 3.0
- JDBC 4.0
- J2EE Certified for 1.4, 1.3, 1.2 Compatibility Test Suites (CTS)
- Certified with J2EE Connector Architecture (resource adapters)
- Supports any Java-enabled platform that supports JDK 1.4 or higher*
*Java SE 6 or higher required to use JDBC 4.0 functionality
Additional SQL Sevre JDBC Driver Functionality
- Hibernate certification
- Fully internationalized—Unicode, double-byte, multi-byte
- JTA/JTS support
- Robust data type support such as timestamp values
- Multiple open result sets
- Parameter meta data
- Testing and debugging tools
HIGH-PERFORMANCE JDBC DRIVERS
Progress ® DataDirect Connect ® and Connect XE ® for JDBC ™ is the world’s only suite of Type 5 JDBC drivers for all major databases. Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC is the SPECjAppServer/ECPerf performance and scalability leader, and supports advanced functionality such as application failover, load balancing, bulk load, SSL data encryption, and OS (operating system) Authentication. Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC consistently supports the latest database features and is fully compliant with Java SE 6.0 and JDBC 5.0. Using Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC , developers can easily build database-independent applications; a common architecture across all major databases makes it easy to switch databases or upgrade to new versions of an existing database.
ONLY COMPREHENSIVE SET OF JDBC DRIVERS FOR ALL MAJOR DATABASES
Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC offers the same high performance and rich functionality no matter what database you need to access — Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Salesforce.com, Sybase, MySQL, Informix , Windos Azure SQL Database, database.com, force.com, and Progress ® OpenEdge ® 11 M T.
- Robust, configurable, high-availability functionality to Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Salesforce.com, Sybase, and MySQL including transaction failover, load balancing, and more.
- One driver for each database regardless of database version or JDK version.
- Ability to enable functionality or tune for performance without the need to access and change application code.
- 100% Java DataDirect Bulk Load across all supported databases for dramatically improved JDBC Batch operations or simplifying bulk data movement.
- Full functionality is available across all supported JDK versions regardless of what platform they are running on.
- Full support for use and deployment with any app server or object- relational mapping (ORM) technology including IBM Websphere, JPA, Oracle Weblogic, JBoss, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, or Spring.
- A common architecture enables database-independent application development, reducing development effort and allowing developers to complete projects far more quickly.
UNPARALLELED PERFORMANCE AND SCALABILITY
Progress DataDirect JDBC drivers have been benchmarked against other drivers for a variety of database operations. In our test methodology, we compare the capacity and efficiency of the providers by isolating and testing these key variables: throughput, CPU efficiency, and memory usage.
- Superior throughput—DataDirect throughput is unmatched, on average processing 20-500% more work over competing JDBC drivers in a given time period. In one test that simulates a monthly report in which many records are fetched, the DataDirect driver delivers up to 1450% more throughput, and in most tests, Progress DataDirect driver throughput stays high and even increases as more users are added.
- Greater CPU efficiency—DataDirect drivers use considerably fewer CPU cycles to deliver superior throughput than competing drivers—in many cases, up to 150% more CPU efficient.
- Smaller memory footprint—DataDirect drivers use significantly less memory while doing more work than competing drivers—in some cases using almost one fifth (20%) of the memory of other drivers.
With a faster, more resource-efficient driver, you need less hardware to support your applications. This is particularly meaningful when your application is sharing resources with other applications deployed on a single server or running in a resource-limited environment typical of virtualization.
To learn more or download a free, 15 day trial of Progress ® DataDirect Connect ® for JDBC ™ , go to www.progress.com/datadirect