PROGRESS DATADIRECT ADO.NET PROVIDERS
The Only Suite of 100% Managed Code Wire Protocol ADO.NET Data Providers
The Progress DataDirect 100% managed code wire protocol ADO.NET data provider eliminates the need for database clients, which boosts .NET application performance and delivers a flexible, secure connection to all major databases, including Oracle, DB2, Sybase, and Microsoft SQL Server.
DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET has been thoroughly proven in data transaction intensive environments in which high performance, stability and security are mission-critical requirements. In addition, DataDirect's .NET data provider supports many of the latest .NET technologies, including:
- ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF 4.2 and 1.0)
- LINQ and Entity SQL Queries
- Microsoft Enterprise Libraries 5.0
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 Support
- Lightswitch 2012 Support
- ADO.NET Bulk APIs
- .NET Framework 4.5
- ADO.NET 4.x
Progress ® DataDirect Connect ® for ADO.NET is the industry’s only suite of ADO.NET data providers with a 100% managed architecture, eliminating the need for database clients, boosting performance, and delivering a flexible, secure connection to Oracle, DB2, Sybase, and Microsoft SQL Server.
ZERO NEED FOR DATABASE CLIENT SOFTWARE WITH 100% MANAGED ARCHITECTURE
All Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET data providers are 100% managed, which allows .NET applications of all kinds to experience the following benefits:
- Eliminates the need to install, configure, and deploy database client libraries such as Oracle SQL*Net
- Provides superior application performance and scalability while demanding fewer CPU, memory, and network resources
- Leverages the automated memory and object management and Code Access Security features of running entirely within the CLR
- Allows “side-by-side” installation of .NET assemblies that each require connectivity to different versions of a particular database
SUPPORT KEY .NET DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET supports many of the latest .NET technologies, including:
- ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF 4.0 and 1.0)
- LINQ to Entities
- Entity SQL (ESQL)
- Microsoft Enterprise Libraries (DAAB - Data Access Application Block)
- ADO.NET Bulk APIs
- .NET Framework 4.0
- ADO.NET 2.0 (Common Programming Model)
UNPARALLELLED .NET PERFORMANCE AND SCALABILITY
Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET data providers have been benchmarked against other providers for a variety of database operations. In our test methodology, we compare the capacity and efficiency of the providers by isolating and testing these key variables: throughput, CPU efficiency, and memory usage.
- Superior throughput —Progress DataDirect throughput is unmatched, in some cases delivering up to 225% more throughput over competing data providers. Progress DataDirect provider throughput stays high and even increases as more users are added.
- Greater CPU efficiency —Progress DataDirect providers use considerably fewer CPU cycles to deliver superior throughput than competing data providers. In some cases, Progress DataDirect providers are over 400% more CPU efficient than competing data providers.
- Smaller memory footprint —Progress DataDirect providers are 100% managed, so the overall memory footprint will be significantly less because competing providers require applications to call out to unmanaged code in the database client libraries. In some cases this smaller memory footprint means using less than 25% of the memory of competing data providers.
With a faster, more resource-efficient data provider, you need less hardware to support your applications. This is particularly meaningful when your application is sharing resources with other applications deployed on a single server or running in a resource-limited environment typical of virtualization.
To learn more or download a free, 15 day trial of Progress ® DataDirect Connect ® for ADO.NET , go to www.progress.com/datadirect