PROGRESS DATADIRECT Platinum ODBC DRIVERS
The Industry's Only Suite of Wire Protocol ODBC Drivers
The industry standard for Platinum ODBC driver database connectivity, the Progress DataDirect ODBC drivers deliver the fastest, most scalable application performance. DataDirect Connect ODBC drivers support all major databases and platforms, including Oracle, Hadoop Apache Hive, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Azure, Sybase, Salesforce.com, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Teradata, and more. In addition to Windows, DataDirect 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC drivers are available for UNIX and Linux.
Unlike "classic" ODBC drivers from database vendors and other suppliers, DataDirect's unique wire protocol ODBC drivers eliminate the need to connect to the database through database client libraries. Eliminating client libraries such as Oracle SQL*Net and DB2 Connect means better response time and throughput, as well as reduced cost and time in deploying and maintaining applications.
THE INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR ODBC DRIVERS
Progress® DataDirect Connect®, Connect XE® and Connect64® for ODBC are the fastest, most comprehensive suite of ODBC drivers for all major databases— Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Salesforce.com, Sybase, Sybase IQ, database. com, force.com, and Progress® OpenEdge® 11 MT. Our unique “wire protocol” design eliminates the need for database client libraries, which greatly simplifies installation and administration and dramatically improves performance. In fact, these clientless drivers even outperform applications that use the database’s native (proprietary) API for database access. Progress DataDirect ODBC drivers are the industry standard for ODBC drivers, providing the advanced functionality, performance, and reliability developers need to quickly deliver high-quality, database-independent applications.
MOST COMPREHENSIVE SUITE OF ODBC DRIVERS FROM ONE VENDOR
You can count on Progress Software for reliable ODBC connectivity regardless of database or platform. Progress DataDirect ODBC drivers support all major databases, on every major platform, across a wide range of processor architectures.
In addition, a single driver supports multiple simultaneous connections to all supported versions of each database. This broadens the versions of databases you can support in a commercial product and eliminates the need to change drivers every time you change database versions in an enterprise environment.
- Supports all major databases— Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Salesforce.com, Sybase, Greenplum, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Informix, Apache Hive and more.
- Supports all major platforms—Windows, UNIX, Linux, and more
- Full 32-bit (Connect for ODBC) and 64-bit (Connect64 for ODBC) ODBC application support
- Each single-tier driver supports multiple database versions:
- Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005, 2008, and 2012
- Windows Azure SQL Database
- Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g, and 11g)
- Multiple versions of DB2 running on Windows, UNIX, Linux, z/OS (OS/390), and iSeries (AS/400)
- Sybase 11.x, 12.x, 12.5.x, 15, and Sybase IQ 2 www.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRE PROTOCOL DESIGN
Progress DataDirect ODBC drivers are available as “wire protocol,” meaning that the drivers do not require installation and maintenance of database client software and libraries. This unique wire protocol architecture dramatically improves performance and eliminates the need to install and keep up with the various versions of database client libraries such as Oracle Net (formerly Net8 and SQL*Net) and DB2 Connect for IBM DB2. Other benefits include:
- Simplified installation, configuration, and administration of applications
- Fastest available application data access performance—even faster than using the database’s native interface (such as Oracle OCI)
- Elimination of the need to test and certify against multiple versions of the database client libraries
PROVEN, RELIABLE DRIVERS OFFER BEST-IN-CLASS FUNCTIONALITY
Progress DataDirect ODBC drivers are the most widely used third-party ODBC drivers on the market and are tested under production conditions using the most comprehensive ODBC testing facility in the industry. Progress DataDirect consistently supports the latest, most complete implementation of the ODBC specification and the latest database versions and features, and offers enterprise functionality across all databases such as:
- No database client libraries required through unique wire protocol architecture
- Multiple performance tuning options and a Performance Tuning Wizard to achieve optimal driver performance for any application scenario
- Performance-oriented features such as connection pooling, statement pooling, data conversion, network wire management, and batching and throughput optimization
- 100% driver-implemented application failover and client-side load balancing, which do not require application code changes or expensive clustering software, such as Oracle RAC
- Robust security features such as Kerberos-based operating system (OS) authentication for Single Sign-on (SSL) and SSL-based data encryption over the network
- 100% driver-implemented, high-performance Bulk Load feature which does not require application code changes or database vendor bulk load tools
- Advanced connection pooling which does not require application code changes to enable or configure
- The industry’s best ODBC Driver Manager for UNIX/Linux
- Standards-based implementations of the latest database features and functionality
- Complete, consistent Unicode support across all platforms
- Built-in debugging capabilities
- Certified for leading virtualized environments
To learn more or download a free, 15 day trial of Progress® DataDirect Connect® or Connect64® for ODBC, go to www.progress.com/datadirect