ODBC Driver PERFORMANCE BENCHMARKS
Progress DataDirect compared its ODBC drivers against competing drivers for a variety of database operations. In our test methodology, we compare the capacity and efficiency of the drivers by isolating and testing these key variables: throughput, CPU efficiency, and memory usage.
- Superior throughput — The DataDirect ODBC driver throughput is unmatched, processing much more work in a given time period—in some cases as much as 125% more. Unlike competing drivers, the DataDirect ODBC driver throughput stays high and even increases as more users are added.
- Greater CPU efficiency — DataDirect ODBC drivers use considerably fewer CPU cycles to deliver superior throughput than competing drivers—in many cases, greater than 400% more CPU efficient.
- Smaller memory footprint — DataDirect ODBC drivers use considerably less memory while doing more work than competing drivers—in some cases saving over 550% in memory.
- Robust wire protocol architecture - The Connect for ODBC wire protocol driver architecture delivers superior results over competing drivers when it comes to throughput performance and CPU/memory usage.
- Superior performance over competing drivers - DataDirect Connect for ODBC wire protocol drivers offer significant advantages over native ODBC programming.
- Independent validation - view the independent Ken North report which compares native programming to the DataDirect ODBC driver.
- Performance tuning wizard - DataDirect's Performance Tuning Wizard takes the guesswork out of ODBC driver configuration and ensures optimal application performance out-of-the-box.