ODBC Driver for UNIX and Linux
See Larger Image
Progress DataDirect Connect for ODBC is the most reliable, best performing ODBC driver for UNIX or Linux platforms:
- Supports all major UNIX / Linux platforms for all major databases
- Support for the z/Linux platform
- Delivers the fastest, most scalable performance
- Eliminates the need for database client libraries
- Comes with an ODBC Driver Manager equivalent to Microsoft Windows ODBC Driver Manager
- Supports Unicode and multi-language character set for best data integrity
- Guarantees quality and reliability
ODBC Driver Support for All Major UNIX and Linux Platforms for All Major Databases
- Supports IBM AIX, HP-UX, HP-UX IPF, and Sun Solaris, for a wide range of processors
- Supports z/Linux, Red Hat Enterprise and SUSE Enterprise Server Linux distributions
- Available for Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL and more
See the database support matrix for all databases, platforms, and architectures supported.
The Fastest, Most Scalable ODBC Driver Performance
DataDirect ODBC drivers for UNIX and Linux outperform competitive drivers in demanding production scenarios.
- Unique wire protocol architecture eliminates the need for database client libraries, which dramatically increases the efficiency of the driver and the rate of data transfer
- Proven to outperform client-based drivers, delivering more throughput even as more users are added, as well as consuming less CPU and memory resources
- Multiple connection tuning options and easy driver tuning
- State-of-the-art performance-related functionality such as pooling and managing connections, statement pooling, network wire management, batching and throughput optimization and load balancing
Eliminates the Need for Database Client Libraries
- Eliminates the need for client libraries such as Oracle SQL*Net, IBM DB2 Connect, and Sybase CTlib
- Eliminates the nuisance of installing, configuring and maintaining database client libraries
- Reduces cost of deployment because there is no need to install and test against various versions of client libraries and databases
Supported by Major Applications
Progress DataDirect Connect drivers are supported by several major applications. Connect drivers are easy to set up and easy to integrate with major applications. You will find better reliability, scalability, and faster performance with DataDirect Connect for ODBC drivers.
Comes with an ODBC Driver Manager Equivalent to Microsoft Windows ODBC Driver Manager
DataDirect is exclusive licensee of the Microsoft Windows ODBC Driver Manager to port ODBC to non-Windows platforms. So you don't have to account for differences in the driver managers in your code. We provide the most Windows-like driver manager for UNIX and Linux, implementing the most current and reliable ODBC driver manager features and functionality.
Supports Unicode and Multi-Language Character Set for Best Data Integrity
Character encoding is handled differently between the different distributions of UNIX / Linux and between different databases. With DataDirect, the driver fully supports storing, querying, and handling non-English character ANSI character sets or in Unicode. Our drivers provide the most robust multi-language ANSI and Unicode character set support, and are tested with a wide variety of data in different environments to ensure data integrity.
Guarantees Quality and Reliability
We rigorously test our drivers to ensure that no matter what application environment and architecture you use, the ODBC drivers will work.
We invest significant resources—in personnel and time—to test our products. We use the largest, most mature ODBC testing infrastructure, the DataDirect ODBC Verification Suite (OVS). The OVS runs millions of test cases against each DataDirect ODBC drivers across all major databases and client operating systems, including HP-UX, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, and Linux. This comprehensive testing process guarantees there will be no unpleasant surprises when the driver goes in production.