SaaS Deployment Scenarios
Superior Data Access and Performance for Software-as-a-Service Applications
For many SaaS providers, the need for no-fail application performance (and customer satisfaction) is in constant battle with the need to contain IT costs. At stake are time, intellectual resources, and money.
Unlike alternative database drivers, Progress DataDirect technology eliminates the need to configure and support point-to-point connections between applications and cloud resources. This optimizes IT and other resources from development to deployment to end-use. More specifically, it lets you, the SaaS provider, onboard new customers rapidly without sapping network resources, memory and CPU capacity. That leaves processing power for growth and peak usage and minimizes the need for additional investment in capacity. Perhaps most importantly, these attributes match with failsafe performance and a much simplified maintenance scenario – true elasticity.
Progress DataDirect lets you:
- Employ industry-best ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET database connectivity
- Integrate with a wide variety of heterogeneous data sources
- Maximize utilization of available infrastructure and hardware resources
- Optimize existing processing capacity and provider greater elasticity for peak volume
- Dramatically improve application performance and customer satisfaction
- Onboard new customers seamlessly without performance degradation
- Minimize new infrastructure, hardware and associated software investments
Progress DataDirect solves many ongoing challenges by ensuring optimized usage of all available resources. It eliminates performance and scalability concerns and helps SaaS providers refocus time, talent and money on application functionality, not IT administration.