Reduced Data Connectivity and Integration Complexity with DB2
With DataDirect, developers spend less time on managing DB2 data connectivity and integration issues and more time on the application’s business logic and user requirements.
For organizations that employ multiple DB2 versions, or even a variety of vendor databases, DataDirect streamlines the interfacing between these data sources, future-proofs applications against database changes, and enables a more flexible, more robust data management infrastructure.
- Supports multiple versions of DB2, whether running on Windows, UNIX, or Linux (V9.5, V9.1, V8.x); iSeries (UBD V5R2, V5R3, V5R4); or z/OS (V9.1, V8.1), from a single component with full backwards compatibility
- Communicates directly with the database, providing better scalability and eliminating the overhead involved with client libraries. For z/OS and iSeries, this includes DB2 Connect
- Delivers DB2 connectivity to all major application platforms and server environments
- Adheres to open standards and eliminates the need for proprietary extensions
- Enables more code reuse by abstracting the differences between various corporate databases and between different DB2 versions
- Offers SQL leveling, the ability to write and execute a SQL statement across multiple databases or database versions
- Supports the full range of DB2 features
- Supports database-independent features such as stored procedure escape syntax, distributed transaction support, connection pooling and failover, and database load balancing
- Offers an intuitive graphical-mapping development environment that automatically generates integration-ready XQuery code once DB2 connectivity is established
- Adheres completely to the W3C XQuery Standard, whereas other XQuery tools use proprietary extensions, requiring additional coding and re-coding for every release version