Unleashing XQuery's Power
Webcast: June 26, 2009
A Webcast by Dr. Carlo Innocenti, XML Technologies Program Manager, DataDirect Technologies.
Replay the full webcast: Unleashing XQuery's Power
Abstract: Since the earliest days of computing, IT organizations have sought more productive approaches to software development. And while we've certainly made progress, integration and legacy data issues continue to present challenges. Web services offer some tantalizing possibilities, by offering a standardized set of tools for accessing and manipulating data. Web services-based development can significantly reduce development time and enable IT organizations to build applications that combine information from multiple sources, giving them unprecedented flexibility. But even the most cutting edge applications need to accommodate the fact that a lot of data and programs continue to be locked up in legacy data formats.
This webcast provides an introduction to XQuery and explains how it is a Web Services enabling technology, and also covers the following topics and questions:
- An Introduction to XQuery, and how it is a Web Services enabling technology
- Understanding the power and features of XQuery
- Why can't you just use SQL
- Why is the ratification of an XQuery standard important?
- How difficult is XQuery to learn?
- How about developer productivity?
- How does XQuery fit in SOA Architectures
- A Web Services Example
- How does XQuery enhance flexibility by providing a data abstraction layer?
- Are all XQuery implementations the same?
- How being involved with developing the XQuery standard has helped DataDirect anticipate the market
- How DataDirect XQuery goes above and beyond implementing the XQuery standard
- Does DataDirect XQuery require any specific infrastructure to run, or will it work with existing frameworks
- How the adoption of XQuery frameworks affect how IT organizations work
- What changes should IT organizations make now to prepare for XQuery
- What's the best way to get started using XQuery