Solution Guide: Data Access for Microsoft SQL Server
Linked Servers and Business Intelligence Suite
This document provides guidelines for data connectivity so you can get the most from your SQL Server 2005 or 2008 investment, and leverage other data sources such as Oracle, DB2, and Sybase with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
Each SQL Server BI solution is described, as well as their limitations as it relates to data connectivity and which DataDirect product to use for optimum results.
- Microsoft Linked Servers
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Difference in SQL Server 2005 Editions
- Difference in SQL Server 2008 Editions
- DataDirect Supported Data Sources and Platforms
- DataDirect Data Connectivity Products
To read the complete white paper, download the PDF here.